I hope you saved some of that leftover quinoa, because it’s time to put it to good use in these Mini Veggie Burger Naan Wraps! Wholesome little quinoa and chickpea patties surrounded by a plethora of fresh and crisp veggies, finished with a slather of tzatziki, and a dab of hummus, all wrapped up in a warm, pillowy piece of naan. The flavors and the textures are insane!
Basically these Mini Veggie Burger Naan Wraps represent everything I could ever want in a sandwich. Let’s break it all down.
The mini burgers. I’d like to call these falafel-inspired, but I’ve never made authentic falafel in my life, so I’m going to call them veggie burgers! They’re packed with quinoa, garbanzo beans, and plenty of zippy seasoning. The squeeze of fresh lemon juice is a must!
Fresh veggies. Maximum freshness and crunch is what we’re going for here. Crisp lettuce, juicy tomatoes, crunchy cucumber slices, and red onion for a little zing.
The condiments. If you love Ranch, I think you’ll like Tzatziki! It’s is a creamy, lemony Greek yogurt sauce studded with fresh herbs and cucumber. I used store-bought tzatziki. Find it in the produce section of your grocery store! And we can’t forget old reliable…hummus!
Naan. If you’ve never tried this life-changing Indian flatbread, you are missing out! It’s tender, a little chewy, and so, so soft with the most delicious char on the outside from the tandoor oven that it bakes in. I’ve found naan at most grocery stores, but I’ve personally tried and loved the varieties sold at Costco, Aldi, Trader Joe’s.
The mini burgers can be served hot or cold! I boxed up the leftover assembled sandwiches and ate them right out of the refrigerator for lunches last week. They were just as good the 2nd and 3rd time!
Also, these Mini Veggie Burger Naan Wraps are totally picnic-worthy! Pack these babies up with a side salad like this Greek Quinoa Salad (obviously), Spiralized Spaghetti Salad, this Balsamic Lentil Salad, or even this potato salad! Add some fresh fruit and wine to the mix and you’ve got yourself one heck of a picnic! But picnic or not, add these veggie burgers to your meal plan ASAP! They’re super filling, and a light and healthy vegetarian alternative to the traditional burger!
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) garbanzo beans
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-5 pieces of naan
- Tomato slices
- Lettuce or greens
- Red onion
- Tzatziki or Greek Yogurt
- Crumbled feta
- Make the burger patties: In a large bowl, mash the beans. Add in the rest of the veggie burger ingredients, except the oil, and stir until well combined. Form into 8-10 mini burgers. If the mixture seems dry, add in a couple tablespoons of water.
- Cook the burgers: Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Once heated, cook the burgers for about 3-5 minutes per side until golden brown.
- Assemble the sandwich: Layer 2 mini burgers, and any desired fixings on one half of the naan. Fold the sandwich up and devour!