Quick, easy, and healthy Asian comfort food recipes do exist, and I’m here to show you one of my favorites today. Say hello to your new go-to weeknight recipe! These Teriyaki Turkey Cabbage Rolls are bursting with sweet pineapple chunks, chopped veggies, and ground turkey that’s been seasoned with a tangy teriyaki sauce. And I can’t forget to mention the fluffy bed of white rice on which you’ll serve the cabbage rolls.
I’m often hit with the weeknight predicament of needing a quick and easy recipe that a) is wholesome and healthy b) doesn’t require me to dirty a bunch of pots and pans, and c) doesn’t require a grocery run for one-off ingredients. Are we in the same boat?
Great news! With these Teriyaki Turkey Cabbage Rolls, we’re tackling A, B, and C. In just 45 minutes from prep to finish, you’ll be sitting down to a healthy and vibrantly flavored meal all made with familiar, common ingredients. Here’s my favorite part(s) of the recipe: You wont need to boil the cabbage leaves prior to assembling the rolls. AND, the rice cooks right inside the casserole dish underneath the cabbage rolls, eliminating the need to get out a separate pan to cook the rice on the stove. Score!
If you’re on the fence about the whole cabbage rolling process, don’t worry, it couldn’t be easier:
To celebrate Chinese New Year, I’m beyond excited to bring you this quick and easy Asian-inspired dish using products from a few of my favorite brands.
- Dole Pineapple Chunks – for a burst of sweetness and a punch of nutrition. Did you know pineapple is rich in Vitamin C and fat free and cholesterol free?
- Minute® White Rice – the perfect accompaniment to any Asian meal. This rice cooks up in just 5 minutes. It’s also free of gluten, MSG, and preservatives.
- Kikkoman Teriyaki Sauce – pairs beautifully with the pineapple and infuses the turkey and veggies with sweet and savory teriyaki flavor. I used the less sodium variety and found the rolls to be seasoned to perfection.
Head to your local grocery store and find these items in the canned fruit, rice, and Asian food aisles. My second home, also known as Cub Foods, had a plentiful stock of Dole, Minute®, and Kikkoman products for me to choose from.
Now it’s time for you to get shopping and in the kitchen to whip up these cabbage rolls or your own quick and easy Asian-inspired meal! Check out all the recipe ideas on the Kikkoman, Dole, and Minute Rice sites. For more Asian-inspired recipe inspiration, visit the Chinese New Year Eats social hub. And you might as well grab these coupons from Kikkoman and Dole because after perusing all that recipe goodness, you’ll want to head to the grocery store stat.
Thanks to the outstanding fusion of flavors from Dole pineapple, Minute rice, and Kikkoman sauce, weeknight dinners couldn’t be easier or tastier! Join in the Chinese New Year celebrations next week and put these Teriyaki Turkey Cabbage Rolls on the menu!
- 1 bell pepper, finely chopped
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (20 ounces) Dole pineapple chunks, drained well
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- ¾ cup Kikkoman Teriyaki Marinade and Sauce, divided (I used the low sodium version)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 ¼ cups uncooked Minute White Rice
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 head napa cabbage
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the bell pepper, onion, garlic, pineapple chunks, ground turkey, ¼ cup of Kikkoman sauce, salt, and pepper.
- In a large casserole dish, combine the uncooked rice and chicken broth.
- Remove 16 outer cabbage leaves, rinse with water, and pat dry. Place ¼ cup (or less depending on size of leaf) of filling in the bottom half of each leaf. Bring the bottom portion of the leaf up over the filling. It’s okay to break the tough rib in order to fold it up. Then, roll tightly. Place the cabbage roll in the casserole dish seam side down. Repeat for the remaining leaves. Pour ½ cup of sauce over the cabbage rolls.
- Bake in the oven, covered for 15 minutes. Then uncover and bake for the remaining 15 minutes. To serve, layer ½ cup of rice on the plate and place 1-2 cabbage rolls on the bed of rice. Drizzle extra Kikkoman teriyaki sauce over the top if desired.
Nutrition Information (per serving) from Caloriecount.about.com
Calories: 247 Fat: 4.6g Carb: 34.2g Fiber: 2g Protein: 16.3g Sugar 6.8g Sodium: 1049mg