Buffalo Chicken. The words that make my husband’s ears perk up. Doesn’t matter if it’s straight up wings, a salad, sandwich, chili, poppers, or nuggets. He loves it all. So it comes as no surprise that he devoured these Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats.
Last year, when I made these Mini Artichoke Dip Zucchini Boats, I found that zucchini is really the perfect little vessel for stuffing any type of meat, cheese, or dip into. Plus, it’s a great healthy alternative to pita chips (my weakness!), bread, or crackers.
How to Make the Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats
This recipe is quick and easy! First, add hot sauce to some shredded chicken breast. I used the slow cooker, but for a quicker turnaround, you could poach, roast, or sauté the chicken or even grab a rotisserie chicken from the deli.
Then, hollow out those zucchini halves using a spoon, and fill them with the chicken. Sprinkle some blue cheese over the top and pop them in the oven until the zucchini is tender and the cheese is softened. Put your finishing touches on the boats with another sprinkle of cheese and finely chopped celery for a nice crunch. And then, drizzle on that ranch dressing. I’m a ranch girl all the way, but I won’t judge if you’re team blue cheese!
If you want to enjoy your buffalo chicken in a healthy new way, give these zucchini boats a try!Print
A fun and healthy way to enjoy buffalo chicken! Tangy buffalo chicken stuffed inside a zucchini boats topped with crunchy celery, blue cheese, and ranch dressing.
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
- 1/3 cup hot sauce (I used Frank’s Red Hot)
- 6 zucchini, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2/3 cup blue cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- Ranch or Blue Cheese Dressing (optional)
- In a bowl, combine the shredded chicken and hot sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Using a spoon, hollow out each zucchini half and fill with about 1/4 cup of shredded chicken. Bake in the oven, covered for 25-30 minutes.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of blue cheese and 2 teaspoons of chopped celery over each zucchini boat.
- Drizzle ranch or blue cheese dressing over the top.