Salad, can you handle this? Veggies, can you handle this? Chicken, can you handle this? I don’t think you can handle this! (<– name that song! minus the creative culinary lyrics of course.) Seriously though, I don’t think you’re ready for this vinaigrette.
Let’s talk about some of the amazing features of this Simple Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- It takes about 5 minutes to make.
- You can make a huge batch and store it in the fridge because you WILL want to drizzle this on anything and everything.
- Holy flavortown! We’ve got sweet. We’ve got savory! We’ve got tangy!!
- It’s so much cheaper and tastier than store-bought vinaigrette.
- The flavor intensifies with time.
- And finally, my not-so-secret-anymore weapon of this vinaigrette: GARLIC. Just a hint is all you need. But without it, this dressing just wouldn’t be the same.
Sometimes I have random moments of boredom when I’m standing in front of the open fridge, looking for a snack, and the vinaigrette is sitting there in the Rubbermaid tupperware calling to me. I close my eyes and imagine all those flavors mentioned in #3 and #6 and ahhh what do I do? I’m not going to pull out all the veggies to make a salad, but I just have to taste it! In a hurry, I grab anything: a baby carrot, a lettuce leaf, a slice of the kids’ leftover cheese pizza (pssh jk, who would do something so gross), and DIPPPP. Pop it goes into my mouth. Ahhhhh pure heaven.
Everyone, please try this recipe and discover the most life-changing vinaigrette ever. And don’t limit yourself to just pouring it over lonely salads. Marinate your veggies or chicken in it, drizzle it over tomatoes and fresh mozzarella, add a little spunk to your pasta. And the leftover cheese pizza. Yup, I went there. And it was amazing.
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ½ clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup, agave nectar, or honey
- Dash salt and pepper
- Place all ingredients in a small bowl, mini food processor, or blender. If using a bowl, whisk all ingredients together. If using a food processor or blender, mix on high until the dressing reaches a smooth consistency. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator for up to a week.
Nutrition Information from Caloriecount.about.com
Calories: 76 Fat: 5g Carb: 6g Fiber: 0g Protein: .3g Sugar 4.3g Sodium: 216mg
Weight Watchers Points calculated from member site
3 Points Plus
Meatless Meal Recipes: