Now that we’ve eaten dinner for breakfast, anyone up for dessert?
By the way, it’s totally acceptable to eat dessert for breakfast, especially if it’s pancakes pretending to be cheesecake or minty hot chocolate. But let’s shift our dessert focus to this healthy smoothie that completely mimics the taste of Samoa Girl Scout cookies. Oh yes, it’s possible.
This nutritious treat combines frozen banana, coconut milk, cocoa powder and maple syrup. Blend all that goodness up and in minutes, you’ve got a healthy, decadent, naturally-sweetened smoothie. It’s the ultimate quick breakfast when you’re on-the-go. Or, if you’re randomly craving one of those sinful coconut-chocolate-drizzled cookies, make this smoothie instead!
And let’s not forget about brunch! If you’re hosting a party, reduce the serving size and serve the smoothie mix in small glasses. Top each mini Samoa Breakfast Smoothie with cool whip, chocolate chips, and toasted coconut for a cute sip-able treat. Cheers!
- 2 ripe and frozen bananas
- 1 ½ tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 cups coconut milk (the type found in the dairy section. I used the unsweetened version by So Delicious)
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup or agave (honey works for a nonvegan option)
- ⅛ teaspoon coconut extract (optional)
- Handful of ice (about 5 cubes)
- Whipped cream
- Toasted Coconut
- Chocolate sprinkles or chips
- Place the bananas, cocoa powder, coconut milk, maple syrup, coconut extract, and ice in a blender or Nutribullet.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into 2 glasses.
- Top with optional toppings if desired.
Nutrition Information (per serving) from Caloriecount.about.com
Calories: 176 Fat: 5.4g Carb: 35.5g Fiber: 5.4g Protein: 2.1g Sugar 18.8g Sodium: 2mg
Weight Watchers Points (calculated on member website)
WW: 5 Points Plus
Spring Brunch recipes:
Peanut Butter, Banana, and Bacon Baked Oatmeal
Spaghetti Squash and Meatball Frittata
Asparagus, Strawberry, and Quinoa Caprese Salad
Italian Butternut Squash Quiche
Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Pancake Sliders
Leave a Reply