My name is Krista Teigen. Welcome to my blog, Destination Delish, where I document my adventures in the kitchen. On most days, you’ll find me proudly sporting a food-splattered apron, ferociously chopping veggies as I explore healthy and unique ingredients and develop them into wholesome and delicious meals.
I started this blog to celebrate my discoveries in healthy cooking because it’s no easy feat. Quinoa used to intimidate me; is it couscous? A seed? For the longest time, I thought kale was just a weird-looking garnish for deli meat and cheese trays. As far as cooking techniques go, my meat braising attempts always resulted in late night Subway runs. And how did I go so long without realizing the simplistic awesomeness that is roasting a vegetable?
I’m happy to report that I’ve successfully prepared many epic meals using these (and many more!) cooking techniques and ingredients. In the end, healthy cooking is all about the journey of discovering new flavors, cooking with unique ingredients, and reaching the destination of a delish meal on the table for you and your family to enjoy. Let’s get cooking!
Want to know more about my life in the kitchen and beyond? Read on!
Top 10 Fun Facts about me:
- Chopping vegetables is therapeutic for me. Weekend afternoons behind a cutting board with some good tunes playing in the background are my happy place.
- I’m from St. Paul, MN. Our winters are mind-numbingly cold. The first snowfall gets me so giddy, but after about 5 months of it, I question why I live here.
- All recipes on this blog have been approved by my meat and potatoes-loving husband, Dan.
- Speaking of Dan, he has lost 50 pounds since the beginning of 2014 (by eating my recipes!)
- I attempt (<–key word) to create extravagant cakes for my kids on their birthday. Not exactly healthy, but definitely an adventure to say the least.
- My most prized possession in the kitchen is my teal Le Creuset Dutch oven. I use it for all of my soups and braising recipes.
- I consider myself a pop music aficionado with expertise in songs from the mid to late 90s and early 2k. Quiz me! Warning: Song lyrics may pop up in my posts from time to time.
- I have an unhealthy obsession with onions and garlic. Pair this with Fun Fact #1 and I’m truly in heaven.
- Disney World is my favorite vacation destination.
- I’m a huge fan of sweet and savory dishes. I could eat them forever and ever.