Tender pulled chicken, cooked in a Korean-inspired, sweet and savory sauce made of garlic, ginger, honey, and soy sauce. Serve over rice for an easy weeknight meal!
- 1 ½ pounds of boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of honey
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 2 green onions, chopped (optional)
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds (optional)
- Prepare the chicken: Season the chicken breasts with salt and place them in the slow cooker.
- Make the sauce: In a small bowl, mix together the sesame oil, honey, soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Cook the chicken on high for 4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred the chicken and return to the slow cooker to coat it in the cooking liquid. Before serving, sprinkle with chopped green onion and sesame seeds if desired.