Grilled chicken topped with fresh mozzarella, sweet peaches, basil, and balsamic glaze. This Peach Caprese Grilled Chicken is a simple and beautiful summer dish!
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4–5 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, cut into ½ inch slices
- 4–5 medium peaches, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Heat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Make the balsamic glaze: Pour a cup of balsamic vinegar in a saucepan and bring it to a boil on the stovetop. Then, reduce to a simmer for 10-15 minutes. Check the consistency by dipping a spoon in the mixture. If it coats the back of the spoon, the glaze is ready. As the reduction cools, the consistency will become more syrup-like. If you happen to reduce the vinegar too much and it beomces a bit too sticky, simply stir a bit of water into the mixture over low heat. Remove the glaze from heat.
- Prepare and grill the chicken: **Cut each chicken breast in half horizontally. Place the halves, two at a time, between two pieces of parchment paper or plastic wrap. Using a meat mallet or rolling pin, pound the meat until thin. Repeat until all halves are pounded thin. Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken breasts. Rub the oil over the chicken to evenly coat. Sprinkle the chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Place the chicken breasts on the grill. Cook for about 5-8 minutes per side.
- Plate the dish: Place the grilled chicken on a platter. Top the chicken breasts with an even layer of mozzarella slices. Spread the peach slices over the mozzarella. Drizzle the balsamic reduction over the chicken, mozzarella, and peaches. Sprinkle chopped fresh basil over the entire dish.
**Cutting the breasts in half and pounding them thin is optional. I like thin chicken breasts because they cook more evenly and I find that the flavor is more intense.
Keywords: peach recipe, caprese, grilled chicken, chicken recipe, caprese chicken