Skip the take-out and make this Instant Pot Orange Chicken and Broccoli recipe instead! An orange-infused sweet and sour sauce coats tender pieces of chicken and hearty broccoli in this family-friendly dish. Make it in the Instant Pot or slow cooker for a quick and easy dinner.
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sriracha
- Juice of 2 oranges
- Zest of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons honey
Chicken and broccoli:
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped into 1 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 cups chopped broccoli
- Chopped green onion
- sesame seeds
- Whisk together the orange sauce ingredients in a bowl. Set aside.
- Add the chicken to the Instant Pot. Pour the orange sauce over the chicken. Close the lid, press the Manual button, and set the timer for 5 minutes.
- When cooking has finished, naturally release steam for 10-15 minutes. Press the Cancel button and open the lid.
- Make a slurry by mixing the corn starch and water in a small bowl. Stir into the chicken mixture.
- Press the Sauté button and let the orange chicken cook for a couple minutes until the sauce thickens. Stir in the broccoli and cook for a couple more minutes until tender crisp.
- Serve with rice and top with chopped green onion and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
Slow Cooker instructions: Add the chicken to the slow cooker. Pour the orange sauce over the chicken and stir to combine. Cook on high for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-6 hours. When cooking is complete, combine the cornstarch and water in a small bowl. Stir the slurry into the sauce. The sauce should begin to thicken as you stir. If the sauce still seems a bit runny, turn the slow cooker to high if not already on that setting, and let the dish cook for couple minutes. Turn off the slow cooker, stir in the broccoli, and let the mixture sit for a couple minutes.