What We Collect
Voluntarily Submitted Information: We may collect personal information such as your name and email address. You may voluntarily submit such information by commenting on blog posts, subscribing to receive new recipes via email, or by contacting Destination Delish via the contact form.
Automatically-Collected Information: As a website user, we automatically collect information about you and the device you use to access Destination Delish. This information includes your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring site, pages you viewed, and the times at which you accessed Destination Delish. We may also collect information about the actions (eg, links you click) when using this Website.
Third-Party Use of Information
Destination Delish may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is determined by their own privacy policies.
The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers:
This service tracks Website usage and provides information such as referring websites and user actions on the Website. Google Analytics may capture your IP address, but no other personal information is captured by Google Analytics. We are not able to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
MailChimp for Newsletters
All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user.
Affiliate Program Participation
The Website may engage in affiliate marketing, which is done by embedding tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
Destination Delish is currently a participant in the following programs:
- Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
- Inspiralized Affiliate Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to purchase The Inspiralizer. the Website will post customized links to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
At this time, your personal information is not shared with any other third-party applications. This list may be amended from time to time at the Website’s discretion.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyze web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyze data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling Your Personal Information
You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold.
- You may opt out of future email communications by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our emails.
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the checkboxes to indicate your consent.
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
This policy was lat updated on May 17, 2018.