- 3 medium-large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 3/4 cup black beans
- 1 package of Simply Organic Red Enchilada Simmer Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella or Monterrey Jack cheese
- Chopped cilantro
- Bake the potatoes: Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Prick the potatoes with a fork. Bake the potatoes for about 45 minutes until fork tender. Alternatively, you can microwave them for 8-10 minutes. When cool enough to handle, scoop out the inside of each potato, leaving a 1/4-inch thick lining. Place the potato flesh in a bowl and set aside.
- Prepare the filling: Add the oil to a large pan over medium-high heat. Once heated, brown the meat until it’s cooked through. Add in the onion and bell pepper. Cook for another 4-5 minutes until the veggies have softened. Open the simmer sauce packet and reserve 1/3 cup for topping later. Stir in the remaining simmer sauce, black beans, sweet potato flesh. Once combined, fill each potato skin with an equal amount of filling. Top each potato with cheese.
- Bake again and serve: Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are heated through and the cheese is melted. Drizzle the extra simmer sauce over the top. Sprinkle cilantro on top and serve with avocado slices.