The possibilities are truly endless when it comes to Thanksgiving leftovers. Yesterday, I raved about these southwestern-inspired Turkey Mashed Potato Taquitos and today I’m bringing the Asian flavors with these Turkey Cranberry Cream Cheese Wonton Cups.
Remember when I posted about the unforgettable meal I enjoyed with my mom at the Asian fusion restaurant where we feasted on dim sum, cranberry chicken curry, and cranberry cream cheese wontons (<–forgot to mention those in that post)? That restaurant was just killing it with the cranberry dishes! The cranberry cream cheese wontons from the restaurant were deep-fried, crunchy, and amazing and also my inspiration for this recipe.
My take on the cranberry cream cheese wonton adds leftover turkey soaked in soy sauce and sesame oil for an added Asian twist. In one crunchy bite, you get savory turkey, tangy cream cheese, and sweet cranberry sauce. Also, these wontons are baked so you can feel good about popping a couple of these in your mouth. What more could you ask for in a cute little wonton cup?!
High five for another great game day appetizer using Thanksgiving leftovers. Go Gophers and Vikings!
- 24 wontons
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 ½ cups chopped leftover turkey
- 1 tbs soy sauce
- 3 oz light cream cheese
- ¾ cup cranberry sauce
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- ⅓ cup chopped green onion
- 1 tbs honey
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mini muffin pan, place one wonton into each cup, pressing it firmly against the bottom and sides. Spray the wontons with cooking spray. Set the pan aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the sesame oil, turkey, and soy sauce.
- Drop a spoonful (about 1 heaping tsp) of turkey into each wonton cup. Then, top the turkey with a ½ tsp (heaping) of cream cheese. Top the cream cheese with a half teaspoon (heaping) of cranberry sauce.
- Bake the wonton cups for about 10 minutes until the edges are golden brown and crispy.
- Top each wonton with a sprinkling of sesame seeds and green onion.
- Drizzle honey over each wonton.
Serving size: 2 wontons
Nutrition Information (per serving) from Caloriecount.about.com
Calories: 137 Fat: 4.5g Carb: 18.4g Fiber: .7g Protein: 6g Sugar 6.3g Sodium: 221mg
Weight Watchers Points (calculated on member website)
WW: 3 points Points Plus
Leave a Reply