This Tropical Island Green Smoothie is made with a refreshing blend of frozen fruit, spinach, and a splash of coconut milk. One sip and this smoothie will have you dreaming of the tropics!
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup frozen mango (heaping)
- ½ cup pineapple (heaping)
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk (I used Silk brand)
- 1 cup of spinach, packed
- Juice of 1 lime
- Place all ingredients in a blender.
- Blend until the mixture reaches a smooth consistency. Add in more coconut milk if needed.
If your smoothie is tasting bland:
- Sometimes, fruit alone won’t provide enough sweetness unless the fruit is very ripe or very sweet to begin with. For this smoothie, I chose a variety of fruits that are substantially sweet on their own to avoid the need for any sweetener. However, if ever I feel my smoothie is lacking sweetness, I may add a bit of honey, maple syrup, or fruit juice to the mix.
- The smoothie needs acidity. In my opinion, a splash of acidity is essential. Whether its juice from a lime, lemon, orange, or pineapple, the acidity balanced with the sweetness gives the smoothie a tangy kick and it really brings out the flavors of the fruit.