Soak up the cozy feelings of fall with these flourless apple cinnamon muffins made with oats and Greek yogurt and topped with a yummy oat streusel!
- 3/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, softened
- 3 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 2 1/2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 small or 1 large apple(s), chopped
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Make the streusel topping: Process the one cup of old fashioned oats in a food processor for about 2 minutes until the oats reach a flour-like consistency. Transfer the oats to a bowl and add in the coconut oil, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Stir the mixture together until it becomes crumbly. I used a spoon to help mash the coconut oil down and incorporate. Set the streusel aside.
- Make the batter: Place all of the muffin ingredients, except the apples, in a food processor. Process for about 1 minute, stopping halfway to scrape down the sides with a spatula. Stir in the apples.
- Prepare for baking: Line your muffin tin with muffin liners or grease each well of a 12-cup muffin tin. Pour an equal amount of batter into the cups. Sprinkle the streusel on top of each muffin.
- Bake: for 15-17 minutes.
You may need to transfer the batter to a bowl in order to stir in the apples.
You may have leftover streusel. Use as a pancake topping or stir into your yogurt!