Tender, shredded chicken with black beans, and corn. This recipe takes 5 minutes to prep with options to cook in the Instant Pot or Slow Cooker!
- 20 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, uncooked
- 1 large jar (24 ounces) of your favorite salsa
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, drained
- 2 cups frozen corn
- Place all ingredients in the Instant Pot or slow cooker.
- For the Instant Pot: Cook on the high pressure manual setting for 20 minutes. If chicken does not easily shred, cook for another 5 minutes on the high pressure manual setting. See notes for tips on the “burn” warning.
- For the slow cooker: Cook on high for 4-6 hours or on low for 8 hours.
- Remove the chicken from the pot and shred. Return the shredded chicken to the pot and stir to combine with the other ingredients.
If your Instant Pot usually gives burn warnings when making dishes like this, there may not be enough liquid in the pot to bring it to pressure. Before cooking, add 1 cup of chicken broth to the pot first. Then, add in the rest of the ingredients. I’ve read that sometimes up to 3 cups of additional liquid is required, but I’d start with 1 cup first.
Another tip to avoid the burn message? Pour the salsa in last. I’ve read that tomato-based sauces can often burn the bottom of the pan.