Hearty meatballs speckled with wild rice and dried cranberries and glazed with a cranberry BBQ sauce. It’s the perfect appetizer for any holiday gathering!
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 cup cooked wild rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 can (14 ounces) or 1 1/2 cups cranberry sauce
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all meatball ingredients in a large bowl. Form into small balls. Place on a lined baking sheet. Drizzle the olive oil over the meatballs. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown and cooked through.
- Transfer the meatballs to the slow cooker. Whisk the BBQ sauce and cranberry sauce together and pour over the meatballs. Set the slow cooker to high and cook for 2-3 hours or on low for 4-5 hours to heat the sauce and keep the meatballs warm.