This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WaterMadeExciting #CollectiveBias
I am officially full of the holiday spirit warm and fuzzies after preparing this recipe. Just imagine sipping on one of these gorgeous drinks at a party while mingling with friends and family as “Baby It’s Cold Outside” plays and a fireplace crackles in the background.
If you’re hosting any gatherings in the next month, festive drinks are a must! But most holiday drinks come with extra sugar and carbs, which is why I set out to make a better-for-you, naturally-sweetened mocktail that you and your guests can feel good about sipping. With the help of the SodaStream Power Automatic Sparkling Water Maker and the SodaStream Sparkling Drink Mixes, I discovered a fun and creative way to make my own sparkling water beverages that will set me up for success just in time for the food and drink frenzy that is the holiday season and for the new year ahead.My first creation? These beautiful rosemary-infused Cranberry Pear Fizz mocktails. I started with a rosemary honey simple syrup, added muddled pear and cranberries, and then finished it off with sparkling water flavored with the Cranberry Raspberry SodaStream Drink Mix. It’s a mocktail bursting with seasonal fruity flavor and a pop of sparkling fizz, that’s sure to be a hit with adults and kids alike.Let’s talk about the amazing machine that made this drink possible. When the SodaStream Power box arrived on my doorstep, my kitchen gadget-obsessed self felt like a kid on Christmas morning. In just a few minutes, I had this machine up and running and was pumping out customized, guilt-free, sparking water beverages like it was my job. The SodaStream Power is all about customization. The machine itself features 3 buttons to choose your preferred fizz level. SodaStream also offers a whole slew of flavors in different lines: Fruits, Zero (sweetened naturally with Stevia), and Gourmet (innovative natural flavor combinations created by Chef Pau Liebrandt).To make the sparkling water, simply fill the SodaStream Source bottle with ice cold water. Snap the bottle into place on the SodaStream Power and select your fizz level. In a few seconds, you’ll have crisp, sparkling water ready to drink on its own or customize with the drink mixes. As the world’s #1 sparking water brand, SodaStream offers a sustainable and fun way to help you increase your water intake and create natural sparkling water that the whole family will love. My kids had a blast helping me make “pop.” (that’s what we call it in Minnesota!)Think the SodaStream Power would make a great gift this holiday season? Head on over to the SodaStream site to order the machine and drink mixes or to find a retailer near you. Right now, Sodastreamusa.com is offering free shipping on all orders over $50. Check out all their latest offers here.Cheers to a fun and innovative way to enjoy naturally-flavored sparkling water, a festive holiday season, quality time with those we love, and a fabulous year ahead!
- ¾ cup water
- 1 ½ tablespoons honey
- 2 sprigs of rosemary, divided (plus more for garnish)
- ⅔ cup fresh cranberries, divided (freeze ⅓ cup cranberries prior to serving)
- ½ pear, roughly chopped (plus about 4 thin slices for garnish)
- pear essence
- 4 cups of sparkling water
- 1-2 capfuls Cranberry Raspberry SodaStream drink mix
- Make the rosemary simple syrup: In a medium saucepan, combine the water and honey. Then, add in 1 sprig of rosemary. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 3-4 minutes. Take the syrup off the heat and let it sit until cool. Place the pan in the fridge, freezer, or outside to expedite cooling.
- Prepare the fruit: In a glass or drink mixer, muddle ⅓ cup cranberries, 1 sprig of rosemary, and chopped pear. Add the simple syrup. Cover the glass or mixture and give it a few shakes. Strain and pour the mixture evenly into 4 glasses.
- Make the Cranberry Sparkling Water: Prepare the sparkling water with your Sodastream Power based on your carbonation preference. Add the Cranberry Raspberry SodaStream Drink Mix to the sparking water. Start with 1 capful. Give the beverage a taste and add more if needed. Pour 1 cup of the cranberry raspberry sparkling water into each glass. Give each drink a quick stir.
- Garnish: Place a few frozen cranberries, a pear slice, and a small sprig of rosemary into each glass.
Nutrition Information (per serving) from Caloriecount.about.com
Calories: 42 Fat:0 g Carb: 10.4g Fiber: 1g Protein: .1g Sugar 8.7g Sodium: 1mg