- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 5 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small cubes
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 large carrots, shredded
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 2–3 tablespoons of milk (I used unsweetened Almond Breeze)
- Make the dough: Preheat the oven 350 degrees. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a large bowl. Using a pastry blender or 2 butter knives, cut the cold butter chunks into the mixture until crumbly. In another bowl, combine the Greek yogurt, sugar, carrots, egg, and vanilla extract. Pour the wet mixture into the flour mixture and stir until combined. If the dough seems dry, add 1-2 tablespoons of water or milk.
- Shape the dough and bake: Place the dough on a floured surface and knead it a few times. Then transfer it to a large lined baking sheet or pizza stone and form it into a large flat circle about 10 inches wide and 1 inch high. Using a knife or pizza cutter, cut the dough into 12 equal slices. Bake for 20-22 minutes.
- Make the glaze: While scones are baking, prepare the cream cheese frosting. Whisk together the cream cheese, powdered sugar, and milk until the mixture reaches a smooth consistency. Separate the round of scones into 12 pieces. Drizzle the frosting over the scones.