All of your favorite BBQ chicken pizza toppings stuffed into zucchini boats! These BBQ Chicken Zucchini boats are loaded with with tangy BBQ shredded chicken, red onion, smoked gouda and mozzarella cheeses and topped with cilantro just like the classic pizza.
- 3 medium-large zucchini, cut in half lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Dash of salt and pepper
- 3 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 2/3 cup barbecue sauce + more for topping
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 cups shredded smoked gouda, mozzarella cheese, or a combo of both
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, chicken, and onions.
- Using a spoon, hollow out each zucchini half. Drizzle olive oil over the zucchini and season with salt and pepper. Fill each zucchini boat with the chicken mixture. Place the zucchini boats in a greased baking dish. Sprinkle the cheese over the zucchini boats.
- Cover the dish with tin foil and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes until the zucchini is tender. Then, uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Finish with a sprinkle of cilantro and a drizzle of extra BBQ sauce over the top.