A healthy and vibrant salad chocked full of hearty lentils and crunchy vegetables and tossed in a balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
- 3 ½ cups cooked lentils
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cucumber, diced
- ¼ red onion or shallot, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh chopped parsley
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- ½ clove garlic, minced
- Dash of salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the lentils, bell pepper, cucumber, onion, and parsley.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a blender and mix until smooth. Alternatively, you can whisk the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to combine.