Your morning toast and oatmeal are begging for a big spoonful of this Apple Cinnamon Almond Butter on top. It’s rich and creamy with a hint of warmth from the cinnamon, and it’s slightly sweet with the addition of maple syrup and dried apples. Read: This almond butter has ACTUAL APPLES in it! Just imagine swirling this thick and creamy goodness into a bowl of oats or spreading it on a piece of grainy toast for an extra hearty breakfast that’s full of classic autumn flavor.
At any given moment, I’m known to have 2 or 3 types of store-bought nut butter jars on the counter because it’s an essential part of our breakfasts. I’ll also admit that it’s not unusual for me to sneak a spoonful or two at random points throughout the day. It’s a really filling snack! Or that’s what I like to tell myself…
Anyway. I’ll take store-bought any day, but homemade almond butter allows for customizations! Plus, it’s fascinating to watch ordinary raw almonds transform into flour, then a paste, then a thick and creamy butter. Let’s talk about this super easy 4-step process!
HOW TO MAKE ALMOND BUTTER
- Place the almonds in the food processor and start processing. Keep in mind this will be 20-30 minute process.
- Stop every few minutes to scrape down the sides of the food processor.
- Once the mixture is thick and pasty, add in the coconut oil, and process. The coconut oil gives the almond butter a creamy texture.
- Then, add in the dried apples, cinnamon, maple syrup, and a pinch of salt. Keep processing until smooth. That’s it! Four steps to the most luscious, apple cinnamon spread you’ll ever eat!
Are you now thinking of all the breakfast items that could use a little apple cinnamon boost? Here are some ideas:
- make an autumn variation of this toast (or wait for a new recipe coming soon!)
- Top it on this baked pumpkin oatmeal
- Add it to a yogurt parfait
- Spread it on crepes
- Sprinkle some granola on a spoonful of almond butter for a snack!
Note: This post contains an affiliate link, which means I receive a small commission if you make a purchase via the link. I appreciate your support.
- 2½ cups almonds
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup freeze dried apples
- Place the almonds in a food processor. Process, scraping down the sides of the processor with a spatula. Once the mixture becomes pasty, add the coconut oil. Continue processing until the mixture starts to become creamy.
- Add in the maple syrup, coconut oil, cinnamon, dried apples, and salt. Continue processing until the ingredients are fully incorporated and the mixture is once again smooth. The entire process should take 20-30 minutes.
Isabel Eats says
I am absolutely IN LOVE with this recipe! Who knew that making your own almond butter was this easy?!
And your photos are gorgeous! 🙂
Thanks so much Isabel! I’m seriously addicted to almond butter, especially now that I can make it at home and add in some extra goodies to jazz it up 🙂 Thanks so much for the compliment on the photos!