Not only is this totally seasonal Pumpkin Spice Pecan Granola the best thing that’ll happen to your morning Greek yogurt routine, it will make your home smell like a pumpkin pie factory. And I mean that in the most delicious, cozy, I-could-eat-the-air-this-smells-so-good, type of way.
If you haven’t hopped on the make-your-own-granola train yet, now is your chance. It takes all of 5 minutes to throw the ingredients in a bowl, stir, spread them on a cookie sheet.
The most difficult part is the 45 minutes of waiting you’ll need to do as the little nutty oat morsels crisp up. Luckily, you’ll need to check on the granola every 15 minutes to give it a good toss, and also sneak a
little bite big spoonful for quality control purposes, obviously. Just don’t forget to let the sample cool for a minute. It will be hot!
And as I mentioned before, this granola will infuse your home with the most insane pumpkin spice scent. Seriously, forget the pumpkin spice-scented candles. Just make this granola!
Now about that morning Greek yogurt…If you’d like to completely pumpkin-ize your standard yogurt and granola breakfast, I’ve got you covered with a bonus recipe coming at you soon!
- 3½ cups old fashioned oats
- ⅓ cup shelled pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- ½ cup pecans chopped
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, pepitas, pecans, pumpkin spice, and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the coconut oil and maple syrup.
- Pour the wet ingredient mixture into the dry ingredients. Using a large spoon or spatula, stir the oat mixture is evenly coated.
- Spread the granola mixture out evenly on a large nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 35- 45 minutes. Check on the granola every 15 minutes and give it a quick stir with a large spoon each time. Granola should be crispy and golden brown when done.
Nutrition Information (per serving) from Caloriecount.about.com
Calories: 233 Fat: 11.6g Carb: 29.8g Fiber: 3.5g Protein: 4.9g Sugar 7.2g Sodium: 78mg