It’s time to hit the reset button. The holidays have passed. A new year has begun. And physically, I feel like hell. Confession time. After eating in moderation, watching my portions, working out diligently, and even following Weight Watchers for months, I literally went crazy after my sister-in-law’s wedding on Dec 27th, no holds barred, no workouts, eating anything I wanted. Now here I am 2 weeks later, feeling drained with zero energy. And to add to my sob story: the pants that were loose on me last month are way too tight. In just 2 weeks. Incredible.
It’s time to get back to business with some good, wholesome, produce-filled meals. Come along with me for the next 2 weeks as I find my way back to a healthy lifestyle with gluten-free and vegan clean eating recipes. It will be an adventure for sure!
The recipe elements of this 2-week journey are so basic:
- Fruits, veggies, leafy greens, legumes and nuts are essential
- Quinoa and oats (gluten-free) are essential
- Free of refined carbs, sugar, and processed foods
- Meat and dairy free
- Drink a lot of water
Eating clean can be a bit of an adjustment, which is why I’m here to share some delicious and easy recipes for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. These recipes are even keepers if you’re not following a clean eating plan.
Last year, my husband and I ate clean for 3 weeks. And over the course of that time, our energy levels multiplied, my skin looked healthier, my nails became stronger, and we dropped a few pounds. It even jumpstarted my husband’s 50 pound weight loss journey in 2014. So proud of him!
- Tuscan White Bean Spinach and Quinoa Stuffed Red Peppers
- Chocolate Raspberry Overnight Oats
- Roasted 8 Vegetable Soup
- Zucchini Noodles with Kale Almond Pesto
- Tropical Island Green Smoothie
- Brussels Sprout, Sweet Potato, and Lentil Sauté
- Banana Hazelnut Breakfast Quinoa
- Lemon Rosemary Shortbread
- Cashew Nacho Cheese
- Loaded Kale Nachos