It couldn’t be easier to make! Add all ingredients to a large bowl and whisk. Then, pour the mixture into an ice cream maker and hit the on button. In under 30 minutes, you’ll have a thick and creamy frosted treat, spiced with the warmth of cinnamon. Just remember that a little planning is required because the ice cream maker bucket needs to freeze for at least 24 hours before the ice cream making commences.
“But I don’t have an ice cream maker!” Don’t worry! Once all the ingredients are whisked together, add the mixture to a freezer-safe container and freeze for at least 2 hours. Be sure to take the ice cream out of the freezer about 20 minutes before serving to allow it to soften and give it a good stir.
For both versions, note that the ice cream will be hard as a rock when you take it out of the freezer and the texture may seem a bit “icier” than your standard out-of-the carton ice cream. But the flavor will be fabulous and the texture will become more familiar as the ice cream begins to soften.
Of course you can enjoy this ice cream on its own, but here are my serving suggestions:
- Add a scoop or 3 to a bowl and sprinkle some of this Pumpkin Spice Pecan Granola on top
- Add a scoop over this Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Baked Oatmeal, a Baked Pumpkin Crumble Donut, or these Pumpkin Cheesecake Pancakes
- Serve alongside one of these Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars with Caramel Streusel
- Add a couple spoonfuls into these Pumpkin Cream Cheese Crepes
But wait, there’s more. The ultimate serving suggestion and an accompanying story are coming at you this weekend!
- 2 cans (27 ounces total) coconut milk
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Whisk all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- If using an ice cream maker: Pour mixture into an ice cream maker. Churn for about 20 minutes or until the mixture is frosty and thick. Eat immediately or store in a freezer-safe container.
- No ice cream maker version: Pour the mixture into a freezer safe container. Freeze for at least 2 hours.
- Take the ice cream out of the freezer about 20 minutes before serving and give it a good stir.
Serving size: ½ cup
Nutrition Information (per serving) from Caloriecount.about.com
Calories: 208 Fat: 18.8g Carb: 10.9g Fiber: 2.5g Protein: 1.9g Sugar 7.3g Sodium: 97mg